The Life and Time of William Sand Mueller

My name is Arena Marsh Mueller.  I was named after my father, William Sand Mueller, who goes by Sand.  Arena means Sand in Spanish.  My mother's name is Marsha, so I really have parts of both of their names in mine.

Once, when I was young and collecting autographs from everyone in my life, a family friend wrote:

Arena~From Sand and Marsh your name has come.
And as you live in the grist mill of life,
may the bread you eat be one of happiness.  

A perfect inscription in my Care Bear Autograph book.  The sentiment even captures the origin of our family surname.  Mueller meaning miller in German. 

Anyway, my dad and I have decided to collaborate on this project which will outline .... his life and times.  I am interested in setting down history for our family.  My dad is interested in having many of his unique experiences, perspectives and evolution known and preserved.  He is seventy-three, recently moved into a tiny home on my sister's property, and has a bit of time on his hands.  As father and daughter our story is intertwined and I can't be a truly objective biographer.  Memories of my dad span a lifetime and fall everywhere on a spectrum.

However, I am going to try to tell his story, the way he wants it told.  At times this blog may raw- I don't plan to heavily edit or make this perfect- so please don't criticize my poor spelling and grammar. I just want to get it all down and let it flow.

I also plan to attached the audio file from each of our interviews for those who want to go deeper or just hear his voice. 





These pictures capture my early relationship with my father.  Loving, warm, teaching and engaged. 

-Arena

Comments

  1. So glad you are doing this, family history and memories are so important.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Lawrence Mueller

Kathleen Elizabeth Sawyer